Other Press Mentions
In How to Build a Website and Stay Sane, author John Oxer tells readers, "I can't recommend Dr. Wilson's writings enough: he's an Internet veteran who writes classic after classic."
Wilson Internet Services was mentioned in the December 2004 issue of Entrepreneur Magazine under "Resources," page 4, naming Dr. Wilson "a leading authority on Internet marketing who has written numerous books on the topic."
- Interviewed by Chris Malta on WS-Radio.com's Common Sense Internet" show, with the topic, "Using Paypal as your Payment Processing System," July 26, 2004. Malta introduces Dr. Wilson as "the Internet's own grandmaster of marketing."
- Quoted in "Can Chicken Gag Boost Burger King Sales," by Kate MacArthur, Advertising Age, April 15, 2004.
Dr. Wilson was a guest on the radio voice of Entrepreneur Magazine, wsRadio.com's sales and marketing show with host Tony Parinello
on February 20, 2004. The one-hour show focused on how to develop a landing
- WilsonWeb.com was featured in the "Marketing Consultants" special edition of Web Digest for Markters (WDFM), October 27, 2003, as "... an excellent place to get up to speed on any marketing or e-commerce related subject, from affiliate programs to e-commerce storefronts to email newsletter publishing."
- "On the Web, Without Wasting Time," by Lisa Guernsey, New York Times, May 6, 2003. Small business supplement. Mentioned and quoted in article.
Sec. n, p. 10
Esther Muench, "Der Baptistenpfarrer und sein Faible fürs Internet" ("The Baptist-pastor and his weakness for the Internet,") Financial Times Deutschland, April 28, 2003, p. 33, about a quarter of a page. The tenor is factual, rather light-hearted and positive.
Dr. Wilson's e-book Developing a Landing Page that Closes the Sale is featured in the marketing section of Entrepreneur Magazine, April 2003 issue, pp. 85-86.
- Dr. Ralph Wilson named "among the best-known publishers and consultants who preach the responsible use of e-mail for marketing." "Spam Hits Some Anti-Spammers," New York Times, Technology Section, Sept 12, 2002.
- Mentioned in "Is Your Email List *Really* Secure? What We Learned When Ours Was Stolen Recently," by Anne Holland, MarketingSherpa.com,
- Quoted in "Customers blame spam on filched lists," by Troy Wolverton, CNET News.com,
- Quoted in "List Owners: Spammers Stole Our E-Mail Files," by Ken Magill, DMNews, Sept. 12, 2002.
- "Lessons learned: Ralph F. Wilson's traveling road show," by Mike Brunt, WordBiz Report, June 2002. Synopsis of the Doctor Ebiz Internet Marketing Seminar by an attendee.
Dr. Wilson wins Tenagra Award for Internet Marketing Excellence. Category: "Individual Contribution to Internet Marketing."
- "Q&A: Wilson on Working the Web," WorkZ, August 31, 2001. Interview with Workz Senior Editor Helen Miller covering beginnings of the WilsonWeb.com site and suggestions for small businesses. Also appeared in Inc. Online, November 2, 2001.
- "Bundling technique gives affiliates bigger sales," AssociatePrograms.com Newsletter, August 9, 2001.
- "What Is the Best Affiliate Solution?" by Scott Collins, ClickZ, June 15, 2001. Highlights Wilson's "Report on Affiliate Management Software."
- "Ralph Wilson switches to in-house affiliate tracking," by Allan Gardyne, Associate Programs Newsletter #162, June 7, 2001.
- "E-Newsletters: A Smart Choice Now," by Debbie Weil, ClickZ, 5/9/01. Explains prices bargains for e-mail newsletters.
- "Email Newsletter Pioneer Dr Ralph Wilson Tests Offline Syndication," ContentBiz.com, 5/10/01. Discusses marketing approach for newspaper syndication.
- David Astor's "Syndicate World" column in Editor & Publisher, May 7, 2001, mentioned the availability of the Doctor Ebiz column for newspaper syndication.
- Heidi Anderson, "Email Clients and HTML: Readers Weigh In," ClickZ, April 5, 2001, responses to Dr. Wilson's HTML survey informaiton.
- Marcia Yudkin, "The Web's Pipsqueaks Stand Tall," Business 2.0, May 1, 2001, which mentions Dr. Wilson as one of the "Web pipsqeaks" which are "standing tall."
- "Electronic wisdom for marketing mavericks," Profit: The Business Resource for Canadian Entrepreneurs, April 2001, p. 24: "Web Marketing Today Info Centre. From California marketing consultant Dr. Ralph Wilson, this is the grandaddy of all the online marketing sites, with links to thousands of articles on topics ranging from classified advertising to wholesale selling online."
- "Psst ... What's the Best Font for Your Newsletter?" by Heidi Anderson, ClickZ, March 15, 2001, featured Dr. Wilson's study on fonts for HTML-email
- Dr. Wilson was quoted in the story, "Schmooze to Get in the News," by Garrett Bryce, YoungBiz.com, December 7, 2000.
- "How a Baptist Pastor Became an Online Publishing Pioneer: The Story of Dr. Ralph Wilson," ContentBiz.com, November 21, 2000.
- Brief Review, Larry Chase's Web Digest for Marketers, October 5, 2000.
- Alice Jacobs, Small Business Columnist, The Sacramento Bee, Business Section, D2, October 3, 2000.
- Teresa Brusky, Review: Doctor Ebiz, List-a-Day, 8/25/00.
- "Pastor combines business, ministry in cyberspace," by Sandra Reeves
Sacramento Bee, 5/23/00, South Placer Neighbor's section, pp. 1-2.
- "Doctor Ebiz to the Rescue," by Keri Hayes Troutman, E-News, Computer Currents, 3/14/00
- "A Doctor Who Makes House Calls...", by Carol Gurstelle, Web Watch, St. Paul Pioneer Press, 4/2/00
- Coverage in Business Week, January 31, 2000
- "Word of Mouse," by Sharon Krum, Australia's Business Review Weekly, 4/28/00. Quoted a number of times on viral marketing.
- "With E-Mail Newsletters, Creators Gain Credibility and Build Business," by Dana Blankenhorn, Chicago Tribune, April 17, 2000, Section 7, page 3. Also appeared in the Orlando Sentinel and the Sun-Sentinel, Fort Lauderdale. Discusses Wilson's e-mail newsletters: Web Marketing Today, Web Marketing Today Premium Edition, and Doctor Ebiz.
- "You've Got a Great Website. Now all you need is people to see it," The Scotsman, 2/28/00.
- "E-Business Secrets -- Competitive Edge," Management Consultancy, 2/4/00. UK.
- "All Aboard," Entrepreneur Magazine, 2/1/00.
- Alan E. Hodel, "E-commerce and the chem biz," Chemical Processing, February 2000. Cites a number of our resources on e-commerce.