About Dr. Ralph F. Wilson
Dr. Ralph Wilson formed Wilson Internet Services at the very beginning of the commercial Internet in 1995 to
help business people learn how to market their products and services more effectively by means of a website.
Website and Online Store Design
Dr. Wilson began as one of the first website
designers in the summer of 1995. He was probably the first to specialize in
low-price, high-quality websites for small businesses. He designed his first
online store in December of 1995, and went on to design nearly 50 early online
stores, becoming an e-commerce expert in the process. His
web design worksheets and
contracts have been used by hundreds of designers over the years.
Internet Marketing Publishing
- Founded, wrote, and published Web Marketing Today (1995), the second Internet marketing newsletter in continuous publication.
Sold in 2012 to
Kerry Murdock of Practical eCommerce.
- Founded, wrote, and published Web Marketing Today Premium (formerly
Web Commerce Today, the first newsletter devoted to e-commerce,
- Founded, wrote, and published Doctor Ebiz, a Q&A publication in the field of
Internet marketing (2000-2006).
- Academic papers
co-authored by Dr. Wilson
- Wrote articles on Internet marketing numbering in the thousands for
his various publications.
- Conducted, edited, and published over
250 video interviews with
experts in the field of Internet marketing. For years his video camera and
lights were a familiar site in the speakers room at SES conferences.
- Annotated links to articles in the Internet marketing field numbering
over 25,000 were compiled through 2009, providing a huge select database in the
- As one of the earliest and most complete Internet marketing websites, it
received awards, kudo, and reviews from a
wide variety of sites and books.
- Dr. Wilson wrote a dozen of the seminal books on Internet marketing in the
fields of e-commerce, marketing planning, SEO, local marketing, article
marketing, etc. Today, however, all are out of print except his
Planning Your Internet Marketing Strategy (Wiley,
LinkedIn Professional Profile